Name one vegetable which is though not liked by many but when made into snacks people drool over it. Still confused? Don’t worry. The answer you will yourself finds in the facts mentioned below
1. Cauliflower was found in the writing of Arab Botanist Ibn-Al-Awwam and Ibn-Al-Baitar in the 12th and 13th Centuries.
2. Despite its antiquity, sprouting broccoli was unknown in England until about 1720, when it was introduced as sprouting cauliflower.
3. It’s very surprising to know that this Vegetable which is considered as a very normal vegetable, was once served in rich and elegant dishes in the court of Louis XIV.
4. The word cauliflower is derived from the word Italian Caoli Fiori, which means Cabbage flower.
5. The plant is about 1.5 m tall and has large rounded leaves that show collards.
6. The cauliflower plants produce cross shaped flowers that bear seeds in dry capsules known as siliques.
7. White cauliflower is most common but then pink, yellow, purple cauliflower also exists.
8. Food writers are very much fond of quoting Mark Twain’s contention that a cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage without a college education.
9. There are 25 calories in 100 grams of Cauliflower.
10. Cauliflower provides relief from indigestion, risk of cancer, detoxifies your body, helps in increased iron absorption in the body.
11. Mathematicians say that every module or cauliflower is similar to an entire cauliflower.
12. Cauliflower is a popular Vegetable in Poland where it is eaten in a soup with fried bread crumbs or cream.
13. Cauliflower based pizza doughs have been 3D printed. Cauliflower is a part of Brassica Genus family.
14. Cauliflower consists of 75% of vitamin C that is recommended for the human body.
15. Green Cauliflower is Known as broccoflower because it is sometimes confused with broccoli.
16. The stems and leaves of Cauliflower are edible and hence it is also added to vegetable broth.
17. Cauliflower reacts with metals , so be careful while choosing cooking utensils for cauliflower because it consists of sulphur compounds and will result in discoloration.
18. Cauliflower can grow from 8 till 30 inches in height.
19. Cauliflower is named under cruciferous vegetables because of its cross leaves.
20. Cauliflower is an annual plant that reproduces by seed
21. The white portion of cauliflower is called the head or the curd which means cluster of flowers.
22. There is also a thing Known as cauliflower rice.
23. The bigger the cauliflower the bigger is the flavour.
24. Cauliflower originally originated from Cyprus.
25. Cauliflower is a part of Brassica Genus family.