They are preferable during the summer season to help you relax from scorching heat. You can consume it in the form of juices as well as desserts.
1. Muskmelon is also known as Cantaloupe. Further, this muskmelon is divided into two sub categories for which the name Cantaloupe is used differently: Cucumis Melo and Cucurbitaceae.
2. Muskmelon oil is used in naturopathy medicine and in skincare products.
3. Muskmelon has a smooth texture which is helpful and useful for preparing sauces and soups.
4. In summer months it is served as a juice or it is mixed with milk and served as a cooling and hydrated beverage.
5. Muskmelon can be kept in the refrigerator for three to four days.
6. A very unique beverage Pannaka is made from muskmelon and is traditionally served during Ram Navami festival.
7. The origin of muskmelon is unknown but it is said that it is native to South and East Asia.
8. There are 34 calories in 100 grams of muskmelon.
9. Muskmelon helps to prevent heart attacks and boosts the immune system.
10. The surface of muskmelon consists of bacteria – Salmonella. Thereby, it is recommended to wash and consume the fruit.
11. It can be cut into pieces and wrapped in prosciutto.
12. Discovering a muskmelon whether it’s ripe or not is very challenging. You will be able to know whether it’s ripe or not when you see the muskmelon being detached from its vine and slowly turning beige or cream.
13. The term muskmelon is derived from the Persian term aroma and the French word for melon.
14. The various kinds of vitamins and minerals is the reason it makes muskmelon so popular.
15. Muskmelon is a great fruit if you are trying to lose weight.
16. Muskmelon is believed to have killed a famous pope. Pope Paul became very obsessed with melons. His chef believed eating this in huge quantities would have severe consequences. Next year the pope ate two big melons in one sitting and died.
17. The most expensive fruit in the world is muskmelon. It is worth $ 13,500 which is ₹1,106,534.25!
18. A hollowed melon makes a great sipping bowl for wine. This is how Pope Innocent Xiii used to sip his wine.
19. Muskmelon should be consumed during the time of pregnancy and is beneficial if taken in considerable amounts.
20. Muskmelon can be eaten late evening as it benefits much more during that time.
21. Diabetic patients can consume muskmelon considerably. It’s good for them.
22. People with weak stomachs should avoid eating muskmelon.
Here we listed all the pros and cons of muskmelon so that you consume accordingly because your health and taste is our priority.