Sometimes guava appears to be a foreign fruit for me. But the beauty of it has a delicious flavor which is also a kickstart to your healthy breakfast.
1. Guava is still used in some of the other forms to treat diarrhoea, constipation, fever, and high blood pressure.
2. Guava wood is very much favourable when it comes to cooking meat.
3. Guava contains four times more fibre than a pineapple and four times more vitamin C than an orange.
4. Guavas are very much known for their seedy flesh. In a guava on an average there are 100-500 seeds.
5. Guavas usually grow as 20 foot high evergreen shrubs. The leaves of those shrubs are used as a black pigment in textile industries.
6. The lifespan of a guava is 40 years.
7. The leaves of a young guava tree are boiled to cleanse wounds.
8. The origin of guava is unknown till date but claims are made by southern Mexico that the fruit originated from there.
9. There are over 150 varieties of guava.
10. The wood of the guava scrubs are used to make hair combs.
11. All over India has 27,000 tons of pink Guava every year.
12. Columbia has a very old recipe using guava. The fruit is made into a paste and then eaten with Colombian bread.
13. Guavas are very slow growers. They take around 2 to 8 years to grow.
14. There was a point in Philippine mythology when guava was forbidden.
15. The largest guava plantation is from Brazil’s Dom Eliseu municipality.
16. Pink Guava produces such toxic chemicals that it forbids the growth of other chemicals.
17. Guava has glossy, dark leaves that are elliptical or oval in shape. The leaves are arranged oppositely on the branches.
18. Guava tress bears white flowers which are always in the form of clusters.
19. Guava when ripes the skin turns out to be maroonish, greenish or yellowish. The flesh of guava can be pink, white or reddish in colour.
20. Guava is also used for alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
21. Guava has rusty and smooth coloured bar that is used for decorative purposes.
22. Apple Guava and strawberry guava are invasive species of guava.
23. Jamaica Guava is one of the species of guava that has already extinct due to habitat loss.
24. The Brazilian Guava or the Pineapple Guava is really not a guava. It has a mix taste of guava, strawberry and pineapple.
26. Guava juice is fantastic for combating glucose intolerance.
27. An oil is extracted from guava which is used in cosmetics and it also helps to fight against wrinkles.
28. Guava is the national fruit of Pakistan.
29. South Africans are very fond of Guava rolls. They make it by drying the guava, pressing it and rolling it out making it out like a Swiss roll.
Guava is essentially important like other fruits. Though it appears to be a foreign beauty, it has many qualities which enhance your health.